ivoclar ep600combi head close immediately

D

Dorian Dibra

Reaction score
when i start a ceramic firing program the head closes immediately even though the parameter is set 06.00 min closing time, is it normal for this model?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Dang, I can't remember, had a few of these back in the day but I'm pretty confident that the head does close immediately.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It's how long it should take the head from its tilted back position to close and seal on the platform. Which needs to happen when firing ceramics as to not cause steaming of the porcelain or crack tears or it popping off before it has a chance to fire. Not sure what's happening on your end.

I have an EP600, but it's not turned on and I only use it for pressing. My Programat P310 uses S (staging time) for closing, does the 600 have that setting? If needed I can fire it up in the morning as those take a while to go through the heat-up process, and check the settings.

Last edited:
D

Dorian Dibra

Reaction score
It's how long it should take the head from its tilted back position to close and seal on the platform. Which needs to happen when firing ceramics as to not cause steaming of the porcelain or crack tears or it popping off before it has a chance to fire. Not sure what's happening on your end.

I have an EP600, but it's not turned on and I only use it for pressing. My Programat P310 uses S (staging time) for closing, does the 600 have that setting? If needed I can fire it up in the morning as those take a while to go through the heat-up process, and check the settings.
in firing parameters it has the option closing time, but i see something isn't going well, maybe the fuse.
for pressing is ok because the head must close immediately but for firing something is wrong

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
in firing parameters it has the option closing time, but i see something isn't going well, maybe the fuse.
for pressing is ok because the head must close immediately but for firing something is wrong
Good point, so you would know the difference in using it for pressing. And it probably wouldn't be a fuse, as that would probably mean the oven wouldn't even start up or function. Maybe a software glitch? Try setting up another of the same program, and see if that works?

D

Dorian Dibra

Reaction score
Good point, so you would know the difference in using it for pressing. And it probably wouldn't be a fuse, as that would probably mean the oven wouldn't even start up or function. Maybe a software glitch? Try setting up another of the same program, and see if that works?
could it be a software problem?
i noticed the same program, first the head was closed nearly completely and then i tried again and it goes down completely!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
could it be a software problem?
i noticed the same program, first the head was closed nearly completely and then i tried again and it goes down completely!
Software, or circuit board. I think there are a couple of other members here who have 600's that may have an idea for you in the morning as well.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, you're trying to fire porcelain. Sorry, i only ever used to press with this back in the day.

E

erykd1

Reaction score
Is the furnace head opening normally or does it struggle? I remember having to change a gas charged piston the helps the head open/close, maybe worth checking.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Is the furnace head opening normally or does it struggle? I remember having to change a gas charged piston the helps the head open/close, maybe worth checking.
Can we still get parts? Maybe Garland?

D

Dorian Dibra

Reaction score
once it starts opening i don't see it struggles, when i use press program it closes immedately and no struggle and the same when the press program is finished. i noticed in the firing programs the closing time for ceramic firing is 10 min but the head closes immediately and the temperature inside doesn't rise for 5 min, then it does a click noise as it is when the head is fully close and the temperature starts raising. it looks like the closing time(even though the head closes totally) is half of that you put in the parameters.

Top Bottom