The " What implant is this?" Thread

G

GStClair

Reaction score
Unless someone here has an absolute ah, ha moment, can the Dr get a better radiograph image to work with, like from this post, the 1st image?
Definitely will see if there is a better radiograph, understandably this is a long shot image. I suspect due to that conical "molar" shape but it's nothing more than a thought.

ToofMaker

ToofMaker

Reaction score
Definitely will see if there is a better radiograph, understandably this is a long shot image. I suspect due to that conical "molar" shape but it's nothing more than a thought.
Molaris is the first thing to come to my mind as well, I think theres a high chance

ToofMaker

ToofMaker

Reaction score
Still looks like a Molaris to me,
Mol.png
It'd be nice, as you stated, to see the interface for those trademark keystone lobes

Edit: Biohorizons makes a couple of chunky boys too but I dont think anything quite as tapered

1715099587774.png
Edit 2: Any you know what, so does Southern Implants...

1715100693378.png

Last edited:
G

GStClair

Reaction score
Still looks like a Molaris to me,
View attachment 44694
It'd be nice, as you stated, to see the interface for those trademark keystone lobes

Edit: Biohorizons makes a couple of chunky boys too but I dont think anything quite as tapered

View attachment 44696
Edit 2: Any you know what, so does Southern Implants...

View attachment 44697
Yea without the interface I don’t really want to give an answer, and I don’t blame doc as she doesn’t know what it is either, she doesn’t want to remove the stock abutment.

ToofMaker

ToofMaker

Reaction score
Yea without the interface I don’t really want to give an answer, and I don’t blame doc as she doesn’t know what it is either, she doesn’t want to remove the stock abutment.
If that's the case, and she just wants something in the realm of a cement retained restoration utilizing that same stock abutment, and she can capture the abutment margins fairly well in a scan or impression, exact implant identification isn't so important

G

GStClair

Reaction score
If that's the case, and she just wants something in the realm of a cement retained restoration utilizing that same stock abutment, and she can capture the abutment margins fairly well in a scan or impression, exact implant identification isn't so important
I agree, and Definitely can, she will need to expose the margins as I discussed in a pretty good conversation. She is a really awesome and nice doctor so she is aware of her complications with it moving forward and is open to ideas. I think the future is retrievability so I believe she wants to know what she is up against.

Attachments

• IMG_7080.jpeg
    IMG_7080.jpeg
    133.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7081.jpeg
    IMG_7081.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 17
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I agree, and Definitely can, she will need to expose the margins as I discussed in a pretty good conversation. She is a really awesome and nice doctor so she is aware of her complications with it moving forward and is open to ideas. I think the future is retrievability so I believe she wants to know what she is up against.
After she preps it and knocks some of the height down, tapers it in and give you a better chamfer margin (unless she's afraid of chattering the screw loose?),when I make the crown in my case 3Shape I would adjust the setting to make the crown 1/2 ghost (Active Item) to see the access hole of the abutment in relation to the crown, take an occlusal image snapshot and send it to her for her records. She would then have a better idea of where to start drilling to access the screw hole in the future in case that was ever needed.

Last edited:
G

GStClair

Reaction score
After she preps it and knocks some of the height down, tapers it in and give you a better chamfer margin (unless she's afraid of chattering the screw loose?),when I make the crown in my case 3Shape I would adjust the setting to make the crown 1/2 ghost (Active Item) to see the access hole of the abutment in relation to the crown, take an occlusal image snapshot and send it to her for her records. She would then have a better idea of where to start drilling to access the screw hole in the future in case that was ever needed.
Yea we are planning the case out, she doesn’t have room… really anywhere and has a pretty long term plan. The only margin exposed on this case specifically is the buccal, but this chat is probably cool in a different thread, I think you guys had the same thoughts but I didn’t consider the southern implant which is why I asked! If she does attempt to give a view of the interface I’ll be sure to report back so we all know :)

A

a3dl

Reaction score
Need help. Doc called and surgeon says this is old Nobel trilobe; however from these images I beg to differ. Any idea what this could be?

Attachments

• image000001.JPG
    image000001.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image000002.JPG
    image000002.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 11
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Need help. Doc called and surgeon says this is old Nobel trilobe; however from these images I beg to differ. Any idea what this could be?
Maybe Nobel Active. Call doc back and verify it's a nobel implant. If it is, then's it's a Nobel Active.