Hiossen Regular Scanbody

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Hi All,
Please see attach picture. Doc says Hiossen 4.5x4.8 Regular (from Atlantis 405060)
Doc did not send tissue scan, so not able to print model for the implant to seat.
Atlantis said its a new one, so there is no scanbody dme for 3shape yet.
Any work around?

TIA
Hmar

Attachments

• Hiossen 4.5x8.5.jpg
    Hiossen 4.5x8.5.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 24
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
As long as you have the scanbody you're set. First create and print a model from the scan you got from the good doc.
Untitled2.png
Then go ahead and design the case, you could skip to the model making if you don't have the corresponding library. Edit out the scanbody and close the hole, you don't really need a tissue scan anyway. Then create a hollow model as pictured here. You can include the screw channel as a visual guide for the next step.
Untitled1.png
Using your favorite cad editor (like Meshmixer for example) punch hole through the model, a bit bigger diameter than the scanbody. Use the screw channel to get the angulation right, delete the screw channel when you're done. You'll end up with something like this:
Untitled.png
Now, make an impression of the first model, attach an analog to the scanbody and using the impression transfer it to the model with the hole. Make sure the model does not interfere with the analog nor scanbody. Fill the model with plaster. Done !
(You owe me a beer)

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Hi All,
Please see attach picture. Doc says Hiossen 4.5x4.8 Regular (from Atlantis 405060)
Doc did not send tissue scan, so not able to print model for the implant to seat.
Atlantis said its a new one, so there is no scanbody dme for 3shape yet.
Any work around?

TIA
Hmar
I just set up a test hiossen case on my 3Shape to see if I could set up the order and mesh the digital scan body. Everything worked fine. As you sure you have the latest DMEs?

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
I just set up a test hiossen case on my 3Shape to see if I could set up the order and mesh the digital scan body. Everything worked fine. As you sure you have the latest DMEs?
is there a way to check the dme version?

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
just go get the latest dmes to be sure. My hiossen case went through no problem
I can design abutment, but cannot build model for printing, wont go past alignment on the scan body…Atlantis said its new software or whatever excuses they make….

Sorry if i did not mention in the post i apologize.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I can design abutment, but cannot build model for printing, wont go past alignment on the scan body…Atlantis said its new software or whatever excuses they make….

Sorry if i did not mention in the post i apologize.
You don't design the abutment, Atlantis does and you can edit the design. All you need to do is now open the order and click "send to manufacturer." You should also be able to design the model now.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
You don't design the abutment, Atlantis does and you can edit the design. All you need to do is now open the order and click "send to manufacturer." You should also be able to design the model now.
this one is a complicated one, its a new system Atlantis can't do anything either. But thank you very much for your input. Much appreciated.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
why doesn't everyone just use TRU

Top Bottom