Old Hader Bar making new denture

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Hello fellow professionals,
Patient wants a new denture made on present Hader bar . Where does the Dr begin? Thank you, Todd

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Block under the hader bar and take impression. Make sure you have some space also above it so a tissue born appliance has enough to move up and down when chewing. Not the best ideal case because of the space that the bar takes from the VDO and placement of teeth.

Cleo

Cleo

Reaction score
If a scan can be used that is perfect, but those lowers can be hard to scan. Preat sells impression transfers and analogs. Block out bar, place transfers and impress. Cut analogs down so they just fit in the transfers, then pour up model with analogs in place. It will give you a soild, accurate model that won't break through the process.

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
Block under the hader bar and take impression. Make sure you have some space also above it so a tissue born appliance has enough to move up and down when chewing. Not the best ideal case because of the space that the bar takes from the VDO and placement of teeth.
What’s the best impression material I can recommend he use?

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
Couldn’t they just take a fixture or abutment level impression, and you start the denture proceeds with the Hader bat already made?
Wouldn’t the Hader bat transfer to the new model, or have I not thought something through?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t they just take a fixture or abutment level impression, and you start the denture proceeds with the Hader bat already made?
Wouldn’t the Hader bat transfer to the new model, or have I not thought something through?
Finding new torque screws would make me wonder since it's been awhile but your suggestion would make for the ideal master model.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
We pour those impressions with epoxy. Nice strong model then. We have even had those epoxy models show up years later when they want to do some kind of touch up to the case.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
What’s the best impression material I can recommend he use?
Since the bar is standard size I had issues with PVS when you poor it, will always break. If you use die stone you might break the denture once you divest it. If all is blocked well alginate is the best . I have done them multiple times with good successes.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
1) Verify that it is Hader and not Bredent
2) either use the bar transfers or no transfer
3) buy the analog bar and cut to size(s)
4) take vps impression. Slide analog bar into it.
5) pour up in hard stone and follow the process.